Monday, June 02, 2008

This is a week I would like to forget running wise. My run on Tuesday was at lunch and I finished up feeling drained. I ran Wed. and Thurs. before work and had stomach problems both days. As it ends up I think I had some kind fo stomach bug or something as my stomach didn't feel good most of the week.
Cut my 12-14 miler on Sat. down to 9 because of the heat and the schedule I had the rest of the day. And then had 6 scheduled for Sunday but cut that to 4. I probably could have pushed through and done the 6 but given the way I felt Saturday I decided less was probably better for today. I just wanted to make sure I got out and ran some good, slow recovery miles.

Mon- rest day
Tues- 6 miles
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- 6.1 miles
Fri- rest day
Sat- 9 miles
Sun- 4 miles

Total- 31.1 miles

3 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Zoomy said...

I do NOT know how you guys run in the sort of heat you get. Today I did 5 miles in 70ยบ and it felt too warm...sheesh, it's gonna be a LONG Summer.

:p

I hope you are feeling better, now.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I've always had the frame of mind that what doesn't kill me makes me stronger. :)

I am feeling better- thanks.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Rick said...

Still good mileage for the week, Alan. Take it easy in the heat my friend. Like you said, you aren't 23 any more. Even at that age, heat can still be debilitating. Careful out there. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home