Saturday, May 31, 2008

OD'ed in the sun today.

I decided to sleep in today which meant sleeping til 06:45 and then moving to the couch and waiting and waiting for Glenn to get up- which he did around 07:30.

I finally got around to going out for my 12 miler around 12:00 in 89* temps. I ended up cutting the run off at 9 miles- I just couldn't do another 3 knowing I still had 3 hours of edging/weed eating/mowing to do.

I went back home after 9 and got started on yard work. 3 hours later finally done. I went to take a shower and decided to get on the scales- 9 lbs of water weight loss- wow!! While in the shower I came as closee to passing out as I have in a long time. I saw stars, got very very dizzy. I ended up grabbing the rail and sitting down for 5 minutes.

I think after a good nights sleep and lots of gatorade everything will be fine. I need to remember I am not 23 any more and I can't do anything I want!!

2 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Rick said...

Man! I am so like you in this regard. I'll forget to eat and drink when I'm all caught up in activities as well which makes matters all the worse. In my head I'm still 18! LOL

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger skousend said...

Wow, that was quite the afternoon! To lose 9 lbs even with your experience in hydration implies an intense set of activities. In the end I think the heat training will help for what may be a warm 10K on Saturday. Good work making it happen last week -- even with the weather and schedule.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home