Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I don't know if the other GA runners have been affected like me but I have really noticed the humidity the last couple of days. I ran this past weekend in warm weather but it seemed the humidity wasn't too bad. However, yesterday I ran at lunch and it was 82 degrees and high humidity- I was soaked and drained of energy when I was done. This morning I decided to run before work and it was only 71 degrees and 94% humidity. I actually got very nauseas this morning. I normally don't really have a problem with the heat/humidity- I like heat! Hopefully this is just an adjustment period and all will be fine in a day or two.

8 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know Alan, I will probably regret saying this but I would gladly take a bit of that over the garbage we have had so far this spring. We have had 1 day that hit 80 and I think for the 6th consecutive month we have been below average. Toss in what seems like gale force winds everyday and...it sucks.

Stihl

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger b said...

Thank you Alan for stopping by my blog and leaving the condolences note...thank you.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Tim Wilson said...

Alan - I am with you on the humidity lately. I posted a pic last week from one of my early morning runs, and I was absolutely drenched!

Still kinda like it over the teens though :)

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Jaye, Runner. said...

Hang in there Alan! I know the temperature changes at the beginning of the summer are so difficult! You'll readjust and be stronger than ever!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger 1L said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger 1L said...

Queen of Sweat here, Alan, as I was affectionately dubbed yesterday. Hang in there, and give Glenn a big hug from me.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Paul,Jaye, and Tim- I will take heat over cold any day. I love the heat- can't say so much for the cold. I guess as I get a little more age on me it takes a little longer to adjust.

Brian- it's been a tough year- things will get better!

Michele- you up for the Torture trail this weekend?

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger 1L said...

Nope, not ready yet especially with the heat. I would probably die!

Good luck to you. Remember to have fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home