Monday, May 19, 2008

Strong week of training. It is starting to feel better and better.

Mon- usual rest day
Tues- 6 miles
Wed- 6.5 miles
Thurs- 6.25 miles w/ 3X1600M repeats
Fri- usual rest day
Sat- 12 miles
Sun- 6 miles

Total- 36.75 miles

I was a little tired during the week but once my run started I zoned out to another world and had good runs- even the mess up on the speed work didn't bother me too bad after I was done. What I am most happy about is my long run. I did 12 miles at the pace I was struggling to do 4-6 miles at not too long ago. The run went really well. I made it to about 11.25 miles before I thought "I am getting a little tired." Finished up with a little push on the last part of the 12th mile. The reward was going the running store and getting a new pair of Asics! :) I was going to go with the new 2130's but the color combo they had was just plain ugly! They had one pair of 2120's left and they just happened to be in my size... and on sale.... an added bonus!

2 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger skousend said...

Wow Excellent week Alan! 36+ miles is a fantastic jump, especially considering how well your body is adapting to it. A solid long run like that 12 miler on Saturday shows how much strength you are building. My long run on Saturday got cut short so I'm a bit envious of your super solid week!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Rick said...

I love finding shoes on sale or clearance... in MY size! Makes my day... way more than Dirty Harry ever could. :)

Great week of running, Alan. You're tuning up really well! Glad you are feeling good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home