Thursday, May 01, 2008

Below are two posts from running boards that I was posting to in 2004 when Glenn was born. It is truely a mircale how Glenn came through the problems he had and has developed the way he has. Please do not ever doubt that there is a God that has a plan for us. Glenn is living proof that there is!!

I remember praying over Glenn one night and just offering him to to God and asking Him to help us make teh decisions we needed to make. We had to make some tough decisions while he was in the hospital and only through prayer made the right one.

Reading back over the posts I wrote and other things I have saved in a file makes me feel so insignificant in this life! What a blessed father I am!

6 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Zoomy said...

And Glenn is such a lucky little fella to have such wonderful parents. Funny how things work out that way.

:)

What great posts. Isn't it enlightening to go back and read old posts when you can stand back and see how life developed after the fact?

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Yes Kirsten- it is. It definitely is.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Rick said...

That was very special. Thanks for sharing Alan. I had no idea that 1. Glenn was adopted and 2. that he had such a mighty struggle initially in his life. The Lord is surely good. I'm thinking Glenn's life verse should be Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Rick said...

And a good future at that with a father like you, Alan.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Tim Wilson said...

Alan - Very cool story. I understand now why you mentioned that Georgia Pines was so important to you when you brought Glenn home. I am touched by stories like this. We had some medical issues with our kids when they were just newborns but nothing like this. It really helps you lean on God and truly appreciate everything He has done and does for you.

Take care, and hope to see you tomorrow!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger 1L said...

Wow, Alan, seems like yesterday that Glenn came home - hard to believe it was 4 yrs ago. hard to believe that Shannon will be going to Marist next year.

Yes, we are both blessed.

PS I am definitely considering the Torture Trail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home