Tuesday, April 15, 2008

So do you ever do anything you feel absolutely horrible about.

Glenn, my 4 year old son, had a rookie tee-ball game last night. His cousin from North Carolina and another cousin (all within a year of each other age wise) came to watch, as well as grand parents. Glenn didn't want to play so he could sit out in the stands with all of the family. I explained the importance of being with his team during the game and that the family was there to watch him so he played- for a little while then he was done. I talked him in to coming back out with the team and stand with them, which he did. Then his turn at bat was the last batter of the night. He hit the ball off of the tee and took off. In tee-ball everyone on the team hits in each inning and there is no score kept. Since he was the last batter the teams started to line up to shake hands even before he reached first base. So I went out and we were running the bases together. As we passed second base I guess our feet got tangled or something but we both went down fast. His two front teeth hit the back of his hand making two puncture wounds in his hand and knocking one of his teeth loose. He was screaming and blood was every where as I took him off the field. We finally got the bleeding to stop and Kathy noticed how loose his tooth was.

I took him to the dentist this morning and they x-rayed the teeth. No structural damage was done but they said the tooth would probably turn grey and possibly fall out. His permanent teeth are coming soon (probably within the next year), we could see them on the x-ray. No damage was done to them so I think everything will be ok as long as his gums don't get infected.

I thought I was doing good thing helping him run the bases and the discipline of sticking with his team. Now I kind of wish I would have just let him go sit with the family and watch the game.

1 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Rick said...

Like I said on RA, Alan, accidents happen to kids... responsibility and accountability don't without adult intervention. It was just an accident. You're a GREAT guy and dad from what I have learned of you. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home