Monday, April 28, 2008

Up and down week of running this week. It was another busy week at and away from work so days I just wanted to grab a book and sit/read in silence rather than get out somewhere to run but I am starting to find the relaxation and enjoyment in running again which is nice.

Mon- no run
Tues- 4.5 miles
Wed- No run
Thurs- 5.2 miles
Fri- 3 miles
Sat- 5 miles
Sun- 6 miles

I was supposed to do 10 miles for my weekend long run but sat around too long on Sunday after I got hom from church and didn't have time to get the full 10 in.
Another thing, probably the main thing that kept me from going so long- Glenn was home sick and I had started to go run twice earlier in the afternoon and he would come up to me with a couple of toys and say "Daddy, want to play with me? Which car do you want?" or would offer me what ever toy he had to get in the floor and play with him. In my book, time is far better spent in the floor playing cars than running any day.

4 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger skousend said...

Good runs last week. You really showed me how it's done! :humbled: Its good to see you finding that space for your goals amid all the extra competing demands.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Rick said...

Time well spent indeed, Alan. Way to be discerning. ;-)

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger 1L said...

Good choice on Sunday as the days go by too fast. Can you believe that my daughter will be in high school in the fall?

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Alan said...

No Michele- I can't. Wow. It was just yesterday that she was starting school wasn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home