Monday, April 21, 2008

Week 1- Torture Trail Training
Week one went pretty well. I didn't do real well on the nutrition side of things but picked up on the running side ok. I am honestly still 16 lbs. from where I would like to be to run this race and 21 lbs. from where my ultimate goal is and where I want to try to maintain.

I didn't stick to the exact schedule but still finished up where I would have mileage wise. I didn't have time to get the whole run in Tueday so I cut 1 mile off. Same on Wed but I wanted to get the speed work in so I cut a mile again.
Added a mile to the Thursday run and Saturday run.
I took Friday off from work (my first and much needed vacation day this year) and we went to the lake house for the weekend. I went over to the dam on Saturday to do my run. It was extremely windy but otherwies a good run.

My plans have changed for the weekend of 03 May. We had plans that were going to keep us home for the weekend but they have changed. There is a 10K at the lake that I usually rrun that I think I will go ahead and run. I am thinking of rearranging my long run schedule to fit the 10K in to the schedule and use that as a moderate-hard effort run that weekend. I am not in racing form yet so I have no ideas of actually racing this race.

Mon- nothing
Tues- 3 miles
Wed- 4.14 miles w/ 5 x .25 repeats (30 second rest intervals)
Thurs- 5 miles
Fri- nothing
Sat- 9 miles at lake Hartwell
Sun- 4 miles

Total - 25.14 miles

2 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Blogger Rick said...

Great job, Alan! There's such a thing as racing form?!? Hehehe. I'm still searching for mine.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger 1L said...

Good to see you back in the saddle, Alan. Anytime you want to run at lunch, just let me know. I would love to run up there on the greenway - and I just need a days notice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home