Thursday, June 12, 2008


I had a pretty good week going with two strong runs so far. I used the race last weekend to help me get back in to some faster times. I had kind of become a one speed runner- close to the same pace for long runs and short runs. Both of my runs this week were a good 30-45 seconds per mile faster than what I had been running and it felt ok. I think I just needed a good race to help me stretch my stride back out and increase my foot turnover.

Unfortunately about two miles into my run yesterday my left achilles started hurting. I ran 4 more and finished the run but was hurting. As the day progressed the tendon hurt worse and worse to the point that last night it hurt just to barely move my foot from side to side. When we got home from church I iced it and then put some sports cream on it. It felt a little better this morning but still very sore. As of now I will be day to day on running- hopefully I can get back out tomorrow. I used to get this every so often when I ran hills all of the time but it went away with icing and stretching. Hopefully it will go away quickly again.

I really wanted a big week this week as I will get very little running in next week. I am taking Glenn to Arkansas to see my father. Living in Arkansas he doesn't get to see is grandfather very often so we are going to spend most of the week there.

2 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Certainly Alan and achillies is nothing to take lightly. Sounds like you are going about it the right way. Might I suggest standing on a step and slowly raising and lowering your heal? Another would be to put a towel around your foot and gently pull for a stretch.

Stihl

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Good ideas Paul- thanks. I was doing the step stretch but not the towel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home