Monday, July 23, 2007

Richmond Training - Week 2

This week was filled with pretty good runs. Work was very hectic- crazy at times. By the end of the week I was very tired mentally.

Tuesday's run was a little tough. I started out and felt good but a couple miles in to the run my stomach started cramping. I kept running and trying to change pace a liitle to try to get it to settle down. Felt good for a while but started feeling discomfort again around mile 4. I stopped around mile 4 for a few minutes to try to feel better which I did and took off again. I ended up getting my 100M strides in during the 5th and 6th mile. It was very humid today- not sure if that is what made me feel bad.

Wednesday- Had a nice run on the paved portion of the greenway.

Thursday- Started out as s good run on the trails at the greenway but the humidity took it's toll on me late in the run. Still- I felt ok when I finished the run.

Friday- Rest day

Saturday- Kathy and Glenn left on Friday to go to the lake house. The plan was to get up early Saturday morning , do my long run, then head up to the lake. I hit my snooze about 4 times on Saturday morning and finally just turned my alarm off and slept in - figuring I would do my 13 miler at the lake sometime over the weekend.
I got to the lake, played in the water with Kat and Glenn for a while and then while they ate and took a nap I went for my run. It was in the mid 80's but the humidity wassn't too bad. It turned out to be a very good run- the fasted pace and the best I have felt after a long run in quite some time. Of course I was running on very flat land at the Lake Hartwell Dam, but still, the run felt great.

Sun- Woke up to rain which was gone by mid morning so we spent a good amount of time in the water again before leaving to come home. After unpacking I went out for a 6 mile run. I had some tight hamstrings starting out but they loosened up well and I ended up pushing it pretty hard for the 6 miles. I can feel the progress I am making so far- feels good.

Summary-
Mon- No run
Tues- 6 miles w/ 100M strides
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- 6 miles
Fri- Rest day
Sat- 13 miles
Sun- 6 miles

Total- 37 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home