Monday, July 02, 2007

Week of 06-25-2007:
I wasn't going to have a step back week but the way it turned out it was. I have gradually been building up and was up to 36 miles the last 2 weeks. I ended up cutting my long run in half on Saturday and then cutting my Sunday run by 2 miles. We went to the lake house for the weekend. Kathy and Glenn actually went up on Thursday night with her parents and I was going up after my run on Sat. morning. I set my alarm to get up early to run and then head to the lake. After hitting the snooze 3 times I turned the alarm off and went back to sleep. I don't a chance to sleep in much so that is exactly what I did. I cut my 12 mile run in half and did 6 miles mid morning then headed to the lake.
We had a great time- the water was nice so Kathy and I stayed in the water with Glenn most of the time. The boy has no fear of water. I wish he would have just a little.

All of runs during the week seemed a little tougher than normal. I ran the trails at the greenway on Tuesday and was a little slower with more effort than normal. Then Wed and Thurs I ran the opposite way on the greenway and ran the paved/cement/board walk portion. The sun was out in full force and the humidity seemed pretty bad and I really struggled some on these runs. Just last week I was commenting on how the heat was not affecting that badly this year and I think I jinxed myself because it kicked me in the behind this week.

Sunday's run turned out to be a "get out and stretch my legs" run. We got back from the lake in the evening and after unpacking and cleaning up I went out for a 4 mile run. It turned out to be a good run and I wish I would have had more time for a few more miles but needed to get back homefor dinner and to start settling down for the evening.

Summary:
Mon- No run
Tues- 6 miles
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- 6 miles
Fri- No run
Sat- 6 miles
Sun- 4 miles

Total- 28 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home