Monday, June 11, 2007

Week of 06-04-07:
Glenn came home from school on Monday evening not feeling well and was running a temp of 102, which went up to 103 by Mon night. Kathy stayed home with him on Tuesday and by mid day his temp was gone and he was full blast- must have been some kind of 24 hr virus.

This week started off great and the good runs continued.... for Tuesday at least. Had a nice 6 mile run at lunch in 86* temps. It felt good to get out and push it for a bit in the middle of the day.
On Wed., I started out for another 6 mile run at lunch but just didn't feel right. I didn't have the normal energy that I had been having in my runs and just figured I was tired. I finished the run but had stopped 3 different times during my to rest for a second. That afternoon at the office my head started hurting badly, my ankles and knees ached, and I felt like I had a fever. I thought I had really pushed it too hard in the 88* degree heat I ran in at lunch. Got home from work and took my temp and it was 101.5. Two hrs later took it again and it was 103.5. I guess I caught whatever Glenn had. Thurs my temp fluctuated between 100 and 103. I had no energy at all and just felt wierd. My fever was gone by Thurs night so it was back to work on Friday even though I still didn't feel exactly right.
I was hoping to get back out on Saturday for at least a 10 miler. I woke up early but really didn't think I could do 10 miles and figured the extra sleep would do me good. I ended up going out at 12 noon for a run. Was going to do 6 or so but when I got to 3 my body told me it was done. Glenn wanted to go running with me but I told him that it was too hot. There was a local 5K that evening that I told him I would take him to if he would just wait. Of course he didn't want to wait but he had too. I decided that after running only 3 miles that day that it probably wouldn't hurt to jog the race with Glenn in his running stroller, so I told him we would run the race instead of watching it. It was 90* but I figured a jog/walk would be ok.
We lined up in the very back so I could walk if I needed to and not be in any one's way with the running stroller. We took off and he was having a ball with the runners around us. I ended up passing alot of people on the outside of the course until we settled in to a comfortable pace. Glenn and I ended up running and chatting with a guy and his wife until his wife dropped back a bit and just the boys ran together for the rest of the race. Glenn was waving and talking to the people along the course and having fun. At about the 2.8 mile mark Patrick (the guy running with us) took off and sprinted in to the finish. As he did, Glenn said "go daddy, we can catch him." I just laughed and said "maybe later in another race." I had run comfortably til this point and didn't want to over do it in the 90* temp and still not feeling exactly right.
We did pass a few people in the final .3 miles but it was because they were slowing or walking, not because we sped up.
We finished our 5K in 81st place-
Splits were:
mile 1- 9.31
mile 2- 8.55
mile 3- 8.59
.1 - .53
Total -28:20

Unfortunately Kathy started feeling bad during the day and had caught what Glenn and I had so she wasn't able to go to the race with us.

Sunday- went out after church and wanted to run 6-8 miles but again cut it short due to the heat and not feeling like my legs were quite under me yet. I ended up running 3.1 and calling it quits and looking forward to a better upcoming week!!

Weekly recap-
Mon- No run
Tues- 6 miles
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- No run
Fri- No run
Sat- total of 6.1 miles
Sun- 3.1 miles

Total- 21.2 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home