Friday, May 25, 2007

I have been lazy about updating the last couple of weeks. Although I have had some very good runs during this time I am dissapointed that I haven't gotten out for any longer runs- 10 - 12 miles. I really need to start getting my long runs in and building endurance. Right now my only planned races are Suntrust Richmond Marathon on 11-10-07 and the Atlanta Half marathon on 11-22-07, so I have time to build endurance. I am, however, glancing at my list I have printed out from Marathonguide.com to see if there are any marathons in neighboring states that I might decide to go run if I get mileage up and get everything right.

I will be running some 5K and 10K races through out the summer. I have a 10K planned for next weekend- 06/02-07 but haven't signed up for it yet. I have run the race 3 times and have a love/hate relationship with it. The 10K Torture Trail- great race with a lot of history but a killer course and it is always hot/humid. I will decide by Tues if I will for sure run it or not. If I do run it, it will be totally run as a "practice" race. By that I mean practicing starting off slow and finishing well. I have done this in my last 2 races and enjoyed the races- plus, as I get in better shape hopefully I will have learned how to keep things under control and run better races.

Mileage catch up:
Week of 05-07-07:
Mon- No run
Tues- No run
Wed- 5 miles
Thurs- 5 miles
Fri- 5 miles
Sat- 5 miles
Sun- 4 miles

Total- 24 miles

Week of 05-14-07:
Mon- No run
Tues- 5 miles
Wed- 4 miles
Thus- 5 miles
Fri- No run
Sat- 6 miles
Sun- No run

Total- 20 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home