Monday, April 09, 2007

Post marathon week 2
Although the desire to run was there I decided I needed to take a week off. Overall I was feeling pretty good and probably could have run but I have no reason t push it to get the miles in right now and thought it would be good to take the week off to let a couple of small things heal up so they hopefully wouldn't turn in to big things when training cranks back up.
I stayed good on my promise to myself not to run but got stir crazy by Friday and went to the gym and did a lower body workout. I am hoping to strengthen my quads and hamstrings to see if that will help me.
Then Saturday I went to the pool for the first time in what, a year? Can't remember last time I went but am pretty sure it was over a year ago. I ended up doing a short 500 yard work out and called it quits. It actually felt pretty good to swim although I was a little sore on Sunday.

Mon-Thurs- nothing
Fri- lower body workout
Sat- swim - 500 yds
Sun- Enjoyed Easter with my family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home