Wednesday, March 07, 2007

ING Training week 16:
Mon- rest day (rest from what I don't know)

Tues- ran 5 miles after work. Nice warm temps for this run. I hit the hills pretty hard- probably too hard in hindsight.

Wed- 2.2 miles. I was 1.8 miles in to my run and my hamstring problem hit with a full blast. I stopped for about 10 minutes and tried to stretch it out. Started running again and made .2 more miles before I had to stop. Strecthed a bit, tried to run again and made it .2 miles and had to stop. Walked the 1.8 miles back to the truck in pain. I will ice tonight and stretch and hopefully be back out there soon. I had a few runs without any pain so hopefully that means I am on the mend and this is just a temporary set back.

Thurs- No way I could run today. I went to the gym and did my upper body weight work out and then got on the exercise bike for 20 minutes. I did a random road course, kept it on level 10, and kept the revs/min between 80 and 90, mostly closer to 90.

Fri- no run

Sat- gorgeous day but still can't run

Sun- ditto Saturday's post.

If I was 1.5 - 2 months out from the race I would have probably run this weekend- if not the full miles at least some of them. This close to the race I think it is more important to let my leg totally recover.

Mon- rest day
Tues- 5 miles
Wed- 2.2 miles
Thurs- upper body weights &
20 minutes on exercise bike
Fri- no run
Sat- no run
Sun- no run

Total- 7.2 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home