Monday, February 12, 2007

ING Georgia Training week 12:

My training is not going the way I need it to now. After the first half of greta training I have hit problems the last 2 weeks. Last week it was sickness. This week I did something to my right hamstring. I was out for my 6 miler on Saturday and right after I hit the 5 mile mark I had a sharp, localized pain in my hamstring. I thought maybe I just step wrong and would run it out. After about 20 more steps of sharp pain every time I stepped I had to stop. I stretched and walked for a minute and then went ahead and finished my run at a very slow pace. I had a noticeable limp all night. Sunday morning I just had a tight feeling in the area with just a little pain when I walked. After church I decided to try my 12 miler knowing that I was going to have discomfort for the run. I made it about .7 miles (at a pace of 2 minutes off of my normal pace) I had to stop and walk back to the truck. I have never had a hamstring injury of any type that I can remember. I don't know what to do for it. Research time.

Mon- rest day
Tues- a.m. -5 miles
p.m.- upper body weights
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- a.m.- 5 miles
Fri- rest day
Sat- 6 miles
Sun- couldn't run due to hamstring

Total- 22 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home