Monday, January 22, 2007

ING Georgia Training- week 9

This was a recovery week.
Monday was a rest day.

Tuesday- A.M.- Woke up to a rainy morning but it was warm (50*) so it wasn't too bad.
P.M.- Upper body weights

Wed.- The cold front that was causing the rain and wind yesterday morning has come through. This morning's run was with 32* and cloudy conditions. I overdressed a little and knew within the first mile of the run but decided I would rather be hot than cold so I finished out the 9 miles.

Thurs- a.m. -The weather was very iffy for this run. We were right on the line for bad weather vs. "ok" weather. Nothing ever materialized really. It was 29* with rain/sleet mixture for this mornings 4 miles.
p.m.- upper body weights

Fri- rest day.

Sat- 12 miles on the 1.2 mile loop at the park near my house. Run went ok but ran a little too fast on some of the early laps again. Didn't really worry about it since I was only running 12. Other than those couple of miles I had very even splits through out the run.

Sun- Had a 9 miler on the schedule today. Got home after church and had a basketball game at 2:00 p.m. Got home around 3:30 from that and it was raining pretty hard and the temp was 38* (wind chill of 30*). I had been cold all day and just couldn't get the motivation to get out in that weather for 9 miles. I kept telling myself if I would just get out there and start that it would be fine but in the end stayed home and watched a movie with Kathy. This was my first missed/skipped run of the program and it came at the end of the 9th week so I guess that is good considering my last 5-6 traning programs I missed runs with in the first 3 weeks and spiralled down from there.


Recap-
Mon- rest day
Tues- a.m.- 4 miles
p.m.- Upper body weights
Wed.- 9 miles
Thurs- a.m.- 4 miles
p.m.- upper body weights
Fri- rest day
Sat- 12 miles
Sun- skipped 9 mile run

Total- 29 miles

1 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have bagged that one, too. Sometimes it's the best option.

Miss you over at TM these days. Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home