Thursday, December 28, 2006

Week 5 of ING Georgia Marathon Training

Mon- rest day.
Tuesday I went out for a nice 5 miler before work. I was supposed to run 7 miles but I woke up late and just got 5 miles in.
Wed (and the rest of the week) was very hectic at work trying to get everything finished for the week as we are off work all next week for the plant shut down. I got 3 miles in on the treadmill at the gym after work.
Thurs. got in another 5 miles before work.
Friday was a rest day.
Saturday was a 14 miler at Stone Mountain. I was nervous about this run as it seems like a long way to me now. It used to feel like a medium distance that I would just go out and pop off with out any worry- but these days it makes me a little nervous. The run went really well. I struggled just a little the last 2 miles but finished strong. After the run I recovered prettty fast and felt great. I finihsed up (almost) the play/swing set that I am building for Glenn.
Sunday- ran 7 miles. We had alot to do to get ready for people coming over on Christmas morning so I went right after church so I could have the rest of the afternoon to help Kathy with stuff. I took Glenn with me in the running stroller. I guess I am in better shaoe than I thought to be able to do everything I did yesterday and then push Glenn for 7 miles. He loves running with me- glad the weather is such this winter that he can go with me. He talked non-stop the first 3 miles and slept the last 4.

All in all- a great week!!

Mon- rest day
Tues- 5 miles
Wed- 3 miles
Thurs- 5 miles
Fri- rest day
Sat- 14 miles
Sun- 7 miles

Total- 34 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home