Monday, December 18, 2006

Week 4- ING Georgia Training

Monday was a rest day. My legs were little tired today. Tuesday I went out for a 4 mile run- saw 2 shooting stars this morning which was pretty cool. Pushed the 4th mile a little and was very pleased with the pace of this mile. Upper body/core weight work out at lunch. Wednesday was a very hectic/tough day at work (which was just a continuation of Tuesday). Went out for a 6 mile run on the new paths that I found last week. Explored a couple of new paths. Thursday was 4 miles in the morning and upper body/core weight work out again. Rest day on Friday.
I had a 13 miler scheduled for Saturday. I decided to do it at Stone Mountain on the hills. After a quick stop at 1.75 miles I ran the rest of the way with out stopping. I was pleased with this. I was worried this run as I wasn't sure I was ready for 13 miles yet even though I ran (with walking in the 2nd half of the race) the Atlanta Half marathon on Thanksgiving. My oace was very even through out the run and I actually felt like I had something left when I was finished. When I got home it was time to start building Glenn's Christmas present. He is getting a big wooden swingset for Christmas. My legs were kind of tight and sore on Sunday. I had 6 miles on the schedule but really wanted to keep building on Glenn's swings set, so after church I took off for a quick 5 mile run and then back to building. Around the 2 mile mark of my run my legs loosened up, felt light and fluid, and the run almost felt effortless for the next couple of miles. I pushed the pace on mile 5 pretty good trying to get finished.

Overll- very pleased with week 4 of training.

Mon- rest day
Tues- A.M.- 4 miles
P.M.- upper body weights
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- A.M.- 4 miles
P.M.- upper body weights
Fri- rest day
Sat- 13 miles
Sun- 5 miles

Total- 32 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home