Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Week 3- ING Georgia Training
The week started out with a rest day on Monday. I am glad as I have something wierd going on with my upper left leg. The top of my quad, top of hamstring, and my groin are very tight and sore. Hopefully just a sympton of not stretching after running (which I am horrible about). Other than that I feel great after 2 weeks of the program. Looking back, the next two weeks is where I have hit a snag in training but I think it is because of the program I was using and not being prepared going in to it. I am taking things much slower and easier this go around and hope to stay strong with the program and running.
Tuesday- went to the gym on the way to work and then did a 4 mile run at lunch. Felt good.
Wed- what a great run. I went the opposite way on the greenway where I run and got a nice surprise. After 1 mile of running on pavement the natural/dirt trails started and went for about another mile to a county park, so I got 2 miles of beautiful trail running in also. It was such a fun run I decided to add in some 100M strides during the last mile.
Thurs- A.M.- 4 mile run before work.
P.M.- upper body weight workout
Fri- rest day. I took the day off of work and Kathy and I took Glenn the Georgia Aquarium. My in-laws went along too. It was a great day. We have annual passes that expire at the end of this month so we wanted to go at least 1 more time. Then Kathy, Glenn and I took in the Gladiators (our ECL Hockey team) game Friday night. We had a fun play day.
Saturday- I coach my nieces basketball team (5th-6th-7th grade girls). Our first game was Saturday and we won 18-15. Very exciting finish to the game. We were up by 6 with 1 minute to go and one of their players hit a 3 pointer to get with in 3. After a couple of exchanges, they had the ball with 4 seconds to go. A tight defense kept them from getting a shot off and we won.
I celebrated by running my 8 miler in the afternoon. This was my long run of the week as it was drop back week.
Sun- ran a 6 miler. Legs were a little tired because I ran the 8 a little too fast yesterday.


Mon- rest day
Tues- A.M.- upper body weight work out
P.M.- 4 miles
Wed- 4 miles with 4x100M pick ups
Thurs- A.M.- 4 miles
P.M.- Upper body weight work out
Fri- rest day
Sat- 8 miles
Sun- 6 miles

Total- 26 miles

1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger Ed said...

Sounds like a good week all around, Alan. Keep patiently working on building slow and enjoying yourself, just adding a mile or two here and there, and in a couple of months you'll be pleasantly surprised by your weekly mileage totals.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home