Monday, August 21, 2006

Recap of week beginning 08-14-06
Week 6

Not a good week for running again but got some more much needed R&R from running. This was a step back week on the Pfitzinger program and I was going to come in with less miles than the program called for but no where near how far under I turned out to be.

Mon- I woke up with a pretty bad sore throat- decided I didn't need to run. Wasn't hard to make that decision while laying in bed turning my alarm off and rolling back over to go to sleep.

Tues- Still had a sore throat and started getting pretty congested but wanted to get some miles in. Ran 4 miles at lunch.

Wed- feeling better but still congested. Didn't run- don't know why- guess I decided to get more sleep instead.

Thurs- felt pretty good. Went for a nice 6 mile run. I really enjoyed this run. It was a nice, quiet morning- just right for a relaxing run.

Fri- scheduled rest day. Started to congetsed again. Seems to happen at night.

Sat- Woke up and was very congested. Made a deal with myself that I would wait and go for a nice medium/long run later in the morning. I ended up cooking breakfast and had a nice sit down breakfast with Kathy and Glenn- something we haven't done on a Saturday morning in a while. I ended up getting out for 3 miles late that afternoon. Promised myself I would do 10 miles on Sunday afternoon.

Sun- Well- I broke the promise I made to myself. It was hot and I just wasn't motivated to run in that heat. Time wise I wasn't going to be able to get 10 miles in anyway- so I went to visit my parents. I have been over there and just sat and talked to them in a while so I figured it was a good day for it. Bad storms formed so I am glad I was there and not out running.

Mon- 0 miles
Tues- 4 miles
Wed- 0 miles
Thurs- 6 miles
Fri- o miles
Sat- 3 miles
Sun- 0 miles

Total- 13 miles

Time to get back on track next week. I have ben looking at altering the program some and coming up with a less strenuous program. I will try to fo back to one that got me in shape for a couple of good marathons before I started using the Pfitzinger program. We'll see if the less strenuous program helps me get back on track!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home