Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Week of 06-26-06:
I am trying to get back in to serious base building and running to get ready for my fall race. When training for Green Bay I had 3 weeks of just under/over 40 miles and then got sick and never got back in to training. I kind of played aroudn with training and made it through Green Bay. I want to get back to serious training and see what I can do. I am not sure what program I will do yet and what mileage I want to run. I had been thinking of Pfitzinger 70 mile/18 week program but some of intimidates the heck out of me. I could use the Pfitzinger 55 program with added runs that I used for a few races. But I want to try to get my mileage up over that a little, so I will look for something that is suitable. WIth that in mind I may be adding doubles to some of my weeks so I am going to add some here and there. I did one double on Tuesday just to see how it felt with a run in the morning and then one at lunch. It wasn't too bad until I had been sitting at my desk all afternoon and my legs stiffened a bit. Other than that I felt good and strong all week.
Had a great 12 mile run at Stone Mountain Saturady morning. I haven't run out there since before Green Bay- it was nice to get back out to the hills.
We left Saturday evening to go to the lake for 4 days Saturday p.m. I tried a new 6 mile route at the lake. I knew it was hilly where I was going to run but didn't realizt it was continuous 1/2 - 1 mile ups and down- no flats. I think once I am back to where I want to be condition wise I will really like that route.
I am probably ramping my miles up too fast but I am hoping that my muscle memory will take over and all will be good. We'll see. I am getting a slight touch of PF I think, but that has been going on off and on since the Knoxville Half Marathon in March.

Mon- Rest day
Tues- A.M.- 6 miles
P.M.- 3 miles
Wed- A.M.- 6 miles
P.M.- upper body/core weights
Thurs- 6 miles
Fri- Rest day
Sat- 12 miles
Sun- 6 miles

Total- 39 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home