Friday, June 23, 2006

Week of 06-19-06:
Mon- no run
Tues- 5 miles
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- A.M.- 6 miles
P.M.- upper body weights and core work
Fri- rest day
Sat- 5 miles
Sun- 10 miles

Total- 32 miles

Tuesday's run was at lunch when temps. had already hit 90 degrees. I love the heat, and running in the heat, but this was a little tough.
I decided to try to acclimate myself back to getting up before work and running. Wed.'s and Thurs's runs were at 4:30 a.m. It wasn't too bad. I actually kind of enjoyed it once I got going- all except for the number of vehicles I encounter that early in the morning.
I wanted to run my 10 miler on Sat morning but didn't have much motivation to run for some reason. By the time I finally made myslef get out of the door to run it was hot, then I decided to cut the run to 4-5 miles. I ended up running 5 miles, alot faster than I have been running. I don't know where that came from but I'll take it.
Sunday went out to run and bad thunderstoms rolled through the area. Waited a couple of hours and went out for a nice 10 mile run in a soft sprinkle of rain. Other than the extreme humidity it was very enjoyable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home