Thursday, July 13, 2006

Recap of week- 07-10-06
Week 1
The training program for Richmond started on Monday, 07-10-06. I am going to use the Pfitzinger 55 mileage program that I altered to add more miles to for this race. I toyed with the idea of using the 70 miles/week plan but decided given my lack of training the last couple of years that I would be better to use the 55+ program for this race then bump to the 70 plan for my next race if I felt like it. Plus, I figured out 4-6 weeks where I can run some doubles and get to the 70 mile mark using the program I am.
On the "book" schedule Monday's are a rest/CC training day but I added a 6 mile to every Monday to add mileage. In week 1, Wed. is also a rest/CC day, but I added a 6 mile run to that day also.
I eneded up over sleeping Monday and had errands to run at lunch so I didn't do the run. Tuesday called for 7 miles w/10x100M pickups. Run went very well. Wed. was supposed to eb a rest/CC day but I ran 6 miles- pretty non-eventful.
Thursday called for 9 miles. This run was horrible from the start. I walked out of the door and was hit by a blanket of humidity. I weighed before I started my run, drank a 20 oz. bottle of H2O before heading out, drank 20 oz. while on the run, and about 10 oz. when I got back to the house afterwards. I weighed again and was 4 lbs. lighter. I knew I was sweating bad but not that bad.
On this run, it seemed like everytime a car was coming towards me there was a car in the other lane and they were side by side when they passed me. Why does this happen at 4:30-5:00 in the morning. Why are there so many cars out at that time of the day? Then- I saw a guy come out of his house, jump in his truck, start it up, immediately put it in reverse and fly back in to the road and take off. When I saw him backing up I crossed to the opposite side of the road and off to the grass. He still came within 3 feet of me. Yea- I yelled "Good Morning" to him. He just took off and sped off.
When I finally finished the run I was looking at my splits and somehow deleted them. I had the overall time already but it kind of ticked me off. Even though it was a bad run I was able to bring my average pace by about 25 seconds from mile 3 to mile 9 and wanted to see what my splits were and how progressively even they were.
Friday was a rest day.
Saturday's plans to get up early and get out for a 12 mile run didn't happen. I got up early but it was because Glenn woke up 1 1/2 hours earlier than normal so I got up with him. Got out for a 4 mile run later in the middle of the afternoon.
I endedup having to do my 12 mile run mid afternoon Sunday. Temp was 95 degrees. At 2.5 miles I started taking a water stop every mile. Then in the last couple of miles it went to every 1/2 mile. I almost stopped at 11 but went and ahead and finished it out and completed 12. I didn't weigh before I went out so I don't know the exacts- but I weighed before showering and I was about 6 lbs. under what I was on Friday when I weighed. All water weight!!! And I drank a lot of water before, during, and after the run.

Mon- over slept- no run
Tues- 7 miles w/ 100M pickups
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- 9 miles
Fri- Rest day
Sat- 4 miles
Sun- 12 miles

Total- 38 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home