Monday, July 10, 2006

Recap - week of 07-03-06:
I took the entire week off of work for the first time since I can't rememember when. My plans were to have a very relaxing week and get a little running in. The 18 week program for Richmond starts on July 10, and I wanted to go in to it relaxed and rested.
I ran a 5K on the 4th of July that I run annually. This is the worst I have done in it but that was to be expected. I have come to grips that the 15-20 extra lbs. I am carrying right now are really affecting my speed and have started really watching what and how much I eat and drink. That, along with the increased intensity of the program should give me some positive results in that area.
I kept Glenn out of day care Wed, Thurs., and Fri. and just had Father/Son time for 3 days and it was awesome. Cut in to my running a little but with my planned step back week it didn't really bother me.

Mon- rest day
Tues- 4.1 miles (1 mile warm up/strides + 5K)
Wed- 3 miles pushing Glenn in the running stroller
Thurs- no run
Fri- 6 miles pushing Glenn in the running stroller
Sat- 6 miles at Stone Mtn.
Sun- no run

Total- 19.1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home