Thursday, August 03, 2006

Recap of week beginning 07-31-06
Week 4 of program
This week I wanted to go back to 6 days a week of running but when the alarm clock went off Monday morning my brain said No Way!! I ended up running a quick 4 miles in the evening. The added mileage that I put on the schedule was 6 miles every Monday, but at this point I am not really worried about the 2 miles I left off. The important thing to me is to get the legs used to working 6 days a week again.

Tues- My legs were dead for some reason. The last 1 1/2 weeks I have had tired legs. I finished out the run but was not pretty.

Wed- ran 6 miles at what was supposed to be a slow recovery pace. I don't know why, but I am having trouble doing that. I could used to alter my pace on my runs to what the program called for, but it seems these days I am stuck at a certain pace. This run went ok but my legs were still pretty tired.

Thurs- 10 miles. I have decided that the body is a wierd thing. I have had a tough time running the last week or so and then I go out today and have an absolutely great 10 miles. I struggled a little in mile 10, but other than I felt strong. Maybe that means I am coming out of this running funk I have been in.

Fri- Rest day

Sat- 15 miles at Stone Mountain. The run started out a little slower than I wanted and was also a little tough to get started mentally. Finally made that first step and started the run. Once I got through about 4-5 miles everything started clicking and the last 10 miles felt very fluid and good. I felt good when I finished this run.

Sun- 5 mile run. Was supposed to be at recovery speed but I just ran what my body felt like - ended up being faster than I really needed but I left the park feeling good about the run.

Mon- 4 miles
Tues- 8 miles
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- 10 miles
Fri- Rest day
Sat- 15 miles
Sun- 5 miles

Total- 48 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home