Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Recap of week begining 07-17-06
week 2
Monday was an added run of 6 miles but it didn't happen. I was still really dehydrated and tired from Sunday's 12 miler, so I decided to skip the mileage and use the rest.
Tuesday's 8 miles with 100M pick ups was a pretty good run. My legs swithced back and forht of feeling good then feeling tired. I eneded up taking a couple of walk breaks for water in mile 5 and one in mile 7. As the day went on Tuesday I didn't really feel (leg wise) like I had run 8 miles in the morning- that is a good feeling to have.
I ran the added run of 6 miles on Wed. About 2 miles in to the run my legs loosened up nicely and the rest of the run just seemed to flow.... what a good feeling.
Thursday called for a 10 mile run. I woke up a little late and thought about cutting it short, but not for long. I decided if need be I would just be alittle late to work. This run picked up where yesterday's run left off. Everything seemed to just flow. I didn't want to push my luck to much but since I was feeling good I brought he pace down to close to marathon pace for the last 2 miles. Everything fely pretty good- my breathing got a little harder than I would have liked but the legs responded pretty well.
Friday is a rest day.
I woke up Saturday morning to Thunder and rain, so I rolled back over and went to sleep. Due to plans for the day I ended up doing my 6 miles today and moved my 13 miles to Sunday. I was shocked at this 6 mile run. I actually had a run like I used to have 3 years ago- fast and effortless. I knew I was pushing the pace a bit but didn't realize how much. All smiles afterwards.
I went to the park for Sunday's 13 miles and sat in the truck for 20 minutes as another thunderstorm came through. Finally when it was only sprinkling I started the run. Got to about 3.5 miles and the I saw the rain comiung across the football field and high tailed it for the pavillion. Another 25 minute delay while waiting on the thunderstorm to move through. I finished up the 8.5 in sunny/humid weather. Wierd weather. Even with the couple of breaks my splits were very consistent, although a little slower than I wanted but my goal was to have a good long run and come out of it feeling encouraged- which I did.


Mon- rest day
Tues- 8 miles w/ 100M pickups
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- 10 miles
Fri- Rest day
Sat- 6 miles
Sun- 13 miles

Total - 43 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home