Monday, August 14, 2006

Recap of week- 08-07-06
Week 5
I slept in as long as I could on Monday and got up and ran a quick 4 miles in my neighborhood.
Then came Tuesday morning. Major melt down, physically and mentally, around running. I didn't run another step all week until a 15 miler with Michele at Stone Mountain Saturday morning. It was great to run with Michele (as it always is). And as I told her, had she not been meeting me there to run it very likely I would have slept in. The run wasn't the greatest we have had out there but wasn't totally bad either. We stayed pretty consistent pace wise and ran a pretty smart long run with the conditions we were running in.
Sunday- I kind of wanted to get out for a run on Sunday. It was a great morning- low temps, low humidity. But, when I woke up my body was sore and achy. Great- here comes a summer sinus infection and/or cold. After church, we called Grandmama to see if she could keep Glenn and kathy and I went on a 3 hour motorcycle ride through some beautiful country roads. So- no run today but a wonderful day enjoying the weather.
Had a great dinner at Michele's house on Thursday evening. It was great to see Michele, John, and Shannon again and to get to meet Michele's mom. Also finally.... finally met Nattu. What a great evening of food and conversation.

I have been looking at some other training plans that are a little less demanding and may switch to them. I think it may be too much right now to be doing 2 longer runs during the week. I may do one longish run during the week and then 6-7 miles on the other days. I am going to monitor things over teh next couple of weeks and see where I need to go.

Mon- 4 miles
Tues- no run
Wed- no run
Thurs- no run
Fri- No run
Sat- 15 miles
Sun- no run

Total- 19 miles

1 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Alan,

I've found that Tuesday is usually the key day for me every week. I see a similiar pattern in your training. For some reason, if I can just force myself out the door and through whatever I have planned on a Tuesday, usually the rest of the week goes good.

Just something to keep an eye on. You've been doing some training lately...keep it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home