Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I am tired!!!! I woke up Monday morning and only ran 4 of the planned 6 miles simply because I didn't want to get out of bed and go run. Finally I made mtself get up and get out for 4 miles. Then Tuesday I had 9 miles w/ 4 at half marathon pace. I got up, got ready to go out of the door and just had zero motivation to go. My legs felt like they weighed 100 lbs. each and I had no energy. I put my water bottles back in the fridge, took my running shoes off and went straight back to bed for another 1.5 hours of sleep. I felt tired and groggy all day.
I had planned on running Wed. morning but Glenn woke up at 4:30 as I was about to get up and head out and decided he was finished sleeping for the morning- so I missed that run. I am not sure I how many miles I would have run had I gone. My legs are still heavy but I do have a little energy coming back.
I am not sure what the problem is but I am thinking I may scale back on the miles for a while. It may be the heat/humidity, the added weight I am trying to run with, the added years I have since I last did this program in it's entirety- or a combination of all of it. What ever it is - I am not liking it very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home