Monday, January 08, 2007

ING Georgia Training- Week 7
I bounced back strong after ending last week on a tired note. My weight is cmoing down and my conditioning is improving. I am actually getting excited about the marathon coming up in March but there is still a lot of time and training to do before then.

Mon- Much needed rest day.
Tues- Got up and went to the gym before work and did my upper body weigth work out for the day then ran my 4 mile run at lunch. I was excited to see the pace that I ran today.
Wed- ran my 8 mile run before work. Again, another run where I felt great when I was finished. Ran about the same pace as I did in yesterday's 4 miler.
Thurs- 4 miles before work then upper body weight work out at lunch.
Fri- rest day
Sat- 17 miles at Stone Mtn. I had 16 on the schedule but mis calculated my route so I ended up adding a mile. Not really a big deal. I can tell that I am really getting my conditioning back. The hills on the back side of the big loop that I was running have been a struggle for me the last couple of years but I cruised up them on both loops on Sat. I couldn't believe how it felst that it took little energy to get up these hills. My pace for the long run was slower than I have been runnign them so maybe that helped with not feeling tired- but I think that is how a long run should feel.
Sun- 8 miles of very consistent pace. Except for the first mile which is always a little slower for me due to being a warm up mile all of the miles were within 7 seconds of each other.

Looking back at the past 7 weeks and the progress I have made physically and mentally I know that I made the right decision going back to the program that I am using.

Mon- rest day
Tues- a.m.- upper body weights
p.m.- 4 miles
Wed- 8 miles
Thurs- a.m.- 4 miles
p.m.- upper body weights
Fri- rest day
Sat- 17 miles
Sun- 8 miles

Total- 41 miles

1 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Ed said...

Looking good Alan. Those hills are going to pay off big time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home