Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Week 6- ING Georgia Marathon training
I was off from work all week and moved my schedule back a day because of travel during Christmas so I ended up running 5 days in a row which I am not accustomed to doing. 3 of those days I pushed Glenn in the running stroller. He loves it and by the 3rd day got up in the morning asking me if we could go running that day.

Wed- Glenn made it through the first 3 miles talking non-stop then slept for the final 4 miles of this run. When we were finished I woke him up and he wanted to run more.
Thurs- the 3 mile run felt pretty good. I expected to be tired from pushing Glenn yesterday but wasn't.
Fri- ended up stopping at 4. Thought about running 6 but decided to stop due to 10 miler scheduled for Saturday.
Sat- 10 miles at Stone Mtn. I can honestly say that this was my worst run in the last 6 weeks. I was tired mentally and physically which isn't good during a step back week. I stopped to regroup around mile 6 and then finished up. I think I pushed it too hard up the last set of hills because when I stopped I got dizzy and a little disoriented. After about 5 minutes I got my legs back under me.
Sunday- had 7 scheduled but stopped at 4. I felt pretty good mentally but was just out of it physically. I was about 65-90 seconds slpow per mile and decided it would be better to stop and relax for the upcoming week.

Mon- no run- Christmas
Tues- no run- travel
Wed- 7 miles pushing Glenn
Thurs- 3 miles pushing Glenn
Fri- 4 miles pushing Glenn
Sat- 10 miles at Stone Mtn
Sun- 4 miles

Total- 28 miles

Annual total- 1140.4. This is way down from 2003 and 2004 but up significantly from 2005. I didn't have a goal for miles this year and am happy with the total.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home