Monday, January 15, 2007

ING Georgia Training - Week 8

Monday was, as usual, my rest day.

Tueday-woke up to a very clear, 34 degree morning. I don't like cold weather and thought I was going to freeze but it acutally felt good while I was out running. I don't know what I did but when I finished running the muscle that runs up the left side of my spine was hurting- and by the time I left for work an hour later was worse and hurt all day. At lunch I went to gym to see if I could do my weight work out. I went down in weight for this work out and tried to use it as a way to stretch my muscles a little rather than work them out.

Wed- had 8 miles on the schedule for today but wasn't sure I was going to be able to run with the way my back was still hurting when I woke up. I went out with the idea that I would start and if it was too bad I would switch Thurs.'s 4 miler with today and do my 8 tomorrow to heal a little more. I started out and there was no pain so I got in a good 8. It is really weird. To walk, to sit, to turn/twist hurts, to run doesn't.

Thurs- another cold morning. Got out for a 4. I ran this one in my subdivision instead of heading out on the surrounding roads. I am getting really tired of all of the cars that are out. The number of cars that are out at 4:30-5:00 a.m. is incredible.

Fri- rest day

Sat- I ran my 17 miler late in the afternoon due to our basketball game at 10:00 a.m. Also- I ran at the park by my house instead of Stone Mountain. A 1.2 mile loop..... 17 miles..... I was almost dizzy when I was finished. Great for mental concentration work though. I ran the first few miles too fast and thought I would pay for it in the end. It wasn't too bad. I had a rough couple of miles around 13/14 but was able to pick it back up.

Sun- 8 miles at the same park. I am tired of seeing this 1.2 loop. I don't have to see it until next Sunday so hopefulyl I won't mind getting back on it for my run next Sunday.

Mon- rest day
Tues- a.m. - 4 miles
p.m.- weight work out
Wed- 8 miles
Thurs- a.m. - 4 miles
p.m.- weight work out
Fri- rest day
Sat- 17 miles
Sun- 8 miles

Total - 41 miles

2 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alan - I'm glad to see you're still running and doing well at it, too!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Thanks Autumn- hope all is well and you are back out on the roads and staying healthy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home