Wednesday, February 14, 2007

ING Georgia Training- Week 13
Monday was a rest day which was good as my ham string is still pretty sore. I have been stretching it out gently and found my "The Stick" massage stick.

Tuesday- nice warm morning. Too nice not to try to run. I went out very slow and careful not to over extend my stride in any way. The run felt good as I warmed up and was able to strecth my legs out a little. My ham string was kind of tight through out the day. On a pain scale of 1-10 I would give it a 3-4.

Wed.- had a 10 mile run on the schedule but didn't want to push it on my leg just yet so I stopped at 5 miles. The pain was a little worse today than yesterday but still not enough not to run. Every time I get up from my chair at work it takes a few steps to get the leg moving right but I think it just needs to get stretched out real good. Maybe I can scheudle a massage soon.

Thurs.- Last night my plan was to get up early and try to run my 10 miles today but the 23 degrees outside and the warm bed took care of that in the morning. I over slept and woke up with just enough time to get 4 miles in before getting ready for work so I headed out. I was tired and slugged through the whole run. I am glad I did it though. In the past I would have just skipped the run because I couldn't get the majority of the miles in but I figured a few miles was better than no miles so off I went.

Fri- rest day

Sat.- 6 miles. My plan was to run 20 today. However, our basketball game was at 10:00 and when we got home from that Glenn had a birthday party to go to for our neighbors 4 year old so we loaded up and went to the party. Got home later in the day and layed down with Glenn for his nap and the both of us took a nap. I got up and went out for a quick 6 miles.

Sun- decided to run yesterday's 20 miler today but after running hard for the 6 yesterday my right leg was hurting. It is strange. The pain was at the top of my calf over a month ago. That went away then the ham string problem started. Now the pain has moved back down in to the top of my calf/back of knee area. I think I can stand the pain to run but the winds were 15-20 mph with gusts to 35 and I didn't want to push it that hard to run in winds that strong. Depending on how busy work is Monday I may take the afternoon off and get my long run in.

Mon- Rest day
Tues- 5 miles
Wed- 5 miles
Thurs- a.m.- 4 miles
p.m.-upper body weigths
Fri- rest day
Sat- 6 miles
Sun- o miles

Total- 20 miles

The race is 5 weeks out. If I don't get some long runs in soon I am going to think deriously about dropping to the half marathon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home