Monday, February 26, 2007

ING Georgia Training- Week 14
I took Monday afternoon off to get a long run in because I hadn't done one now is 2-3 weeks. My right calf did ok most of the run but the 15th mile was very painful. I am glad I didn't have any further to go.

Tuesday. I took this as a rest day. I actually got to run but it was raining prety hard so I just decided to make it a rest day. Went to the gym at lunch for upper body weight workout.

Wed.- I ended up sleeping in this morning. I figured since I only had 5 miles to run that I could do it at lunch. I went to the greenway for the first time in several weeks.

Thurs- 5 miles before work. Temps were nice. I am ready for the colder weather to be gone. Went to the gym at lunch for an upper body weight work out.

Fri- Rest day except Kathy and I laid almost 1/2 pallet of sod after work. I wanted to be careful not to be too sore for tomorrow's run.

Sat- met Autumn at Stone Mountain. I had 12 on the schedule and she had 20 so I added a little and did 15 of her 20 with her. Nice, consistent paced run. Went to my basketball team's championship game. What a game!! We lost by 2 but my girl's played the best game of the year. We had a team party at an "all you can stand" for $4.95 pizza parlor. Then I went ot playin the coaches game that afternoon. I didn't know how much I would play due to running 15 miles this morning but my legs responded really well and I had alot of fun. Got home and finished we finished laying the pallet of sod.

Sunday- ran 6 miles. My legs (and body) were a little tired from yesterday but the run went ok.

Best news- my calf did not hurt at all during the run on Saturday or during the basketball game. It was a little tight when I ran on Sunday but loosened up nicely during the run. Had no tightness after the run so hopefully that means it is finally healed.

Mon- 15 miles
Tues- a.m.- no run
p.m.- upper body weight workout
Wed- 5 miles
Thurs- a.m.- 5 miles
p.m.- upper body weight workout
Fri- rest day
Sat- 15 miles
Sun- 6 miles

Total- 46 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home