Friday, March 23, 2007

ING Georgia Training- week 18- Race week

I don't know what I am doing running this race. Looking back on training my first 9 weeks went flawlessly. Then injury, sickness, then lingering injury made the last 9 weeks not so great. Add that to the warm temps that are expected and the hilly course- that is reason not to run the full marathon and maybe just switch to the half.

But- I am going to go ahead and attempt the full. My plan is to go out and treat it like a long run and go at a slow pace and see what happens. That is the way I ran the Green Bay marathon last year and ended up having a pretty good race so hopefully this will be a repeat of that.

I have run twice this week as that is what the schedule calls for.

Monday was an off day.
Tuesday I went out for 4 miles at lunch. Pretty nice run- slow but nice.
Wed- Ran 4 miles before work. I am so glad the morning temps are finally getting high enough that I can run in shorts in the mornings rather than getting all bundled up.

I won't run again until Saturday morning when I do a 2 mile "stretch my legs" run.

Then the race on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home