Monday, June 18, 2007

Week of 06-11-2007:
I was hoping to go in to this week feeling better than I felt ending last week. Even though my miles were lower last week and the temptation was there to run on Monday I stuck with the plan to have Monday and Friday as rest days. I may loosen up on the Monday rest day if I know there is something that I am doing later in the week and need to change days or if I decide to add another run in the week.
I ran my 6 mile trail run at lunch Tues - Thurs and each day it got better and better. Tuesday was pretty good but I still hit some patches where I felt really tired and had little energy. Then came the Wed. and Thurs runs. One word can some these runs up- Awesome!! Everything clicked, everything felt good!
Friday was a rest day, then went in to the weekend. I slept in Saturday and then went to Stone Mountain for a 12 mile run. The temp rose 13 degrees during my run and I felt it. I have a set of hills that used to get the better of me that I tried not to (and didn't) walk on one time while training for ING Georgia. I really wanted to keep that streak alive but with the heat and the hills that hit during mile 11 I walked up the last hill. I think physically I could have run it, it would have been slow but I think I could have, but I lost it mentally and that is when I walked. Oh well, time to start another streak of runs where I don't walk up that last hill.
I went home and worked in the yard for about 3 hours. I think I over did in the sun today. I had zero energy the rest of the day and evening.
Sunday was a great day. Glenn brought my Father's Day present into the room and gave it to me. I think it is one of, if not my favorite gifts ever. He and Kathy had gone to a pottery shop and written on and painted a coffee cup for me. I love it!
After church I went out in the 90* temp for a 6 mile run. I treated it as a recovery run and tried to run very slowly to make sure I got the full run in. It turned out to be very slow but a good run.

Summary:
Mon- No run
Tues- 6 miles
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- 6 miles
Fri- Rest day
Sat- 12 miles
Sun- 6 miles

Total- 36 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home