Friday, June 22, 2007

Week of 06-18-07:

I felt pretty good on Monday considering I just ran the most miles I have run in quote some time. I was a little tired but as the day went on I started getting that "strong" feeling in my legs. I have to say I haven't felt like that in quite a while and it feels good! Tues- Thurs runs were at lunch time where the temps were in the mid 80's but the humidity was low which made it perfect for running. I have a new friend that I see about 2 times a week at the greenway as well. There is a beautiful hawk that has taken up close to the main trail I run out and as I am coming up thte trail he (or she) will take flight and swoop through the trail until it shoots up through an opening and in to the sky. Pretty cool!



Tuesday I went to the greenway at lunch and ran my 6 mile course. I am getting to where I can just tune out and run. I haven't been able to do that in a while. I am always concerned with what pace I am running or trying to get somewhere. Starting about a week ago I hit a zone where I just run, and am enjoying it. Even though I am not really concerned with overall pace right now, I am doing some fast finish runs where I speed up the last mile or so. I did this on Tuesday's run and it felt pretty good. For a minute I thought maybe I started the fast pace a little too early but as I got in to the last .25 mile I was able to hold it pretty good.



Wed- just went out for a nice 6 mile run at general pace. Felt really good.



Thurs- Ran my 6 mile course again. When I started out my hamstrings and "rear end" muscles were very tight. I guess I haven't really been stretching like I need to and I was feeling it. Finally after about 3 miles I started to loosen up pretty good and get my stride stretched out a little.


Fri- rest day

Sat- Got up early and headed out to Stone Mountain for my 12 miles run. It was 67 degrees when I started and I was actually a little chilly- funny how fast I got used to the heat. Of course it take me long to not be chilly- like 30 steps or so. The run went very well. There was a group pf 3 runners in front of me on the second loop that I kind of followed and it really helped pull me up some of the hills. Then for my last mile I kicked it in and hit pretty close to marathon pace. It was just one mile but it actually felt good.
That afternoon I sanded my deck with a hand sander getting to ready to refinish then cut the grass. Even after the running and working in the hot sun all day I felt pretty good. The heat isn't affecting me this year like it did the last couple of years.

Sun- woke up with very sore hamstrings- I guess from the stooping and squating down while sanding the deck. I didn't know how the run would got today due to the soreness. After church and lunch I laid down for a quick nap, then it was out in the 95 degree sun to run 6 miles. The run was pretty slow starting off while my legs loosened up whcih was ate about 1.5 miles. The rest of the run felt good and I finished with no problems.

Summary:
Mon- No miles
Tues- 6 miles
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- 6 miles
Fri- rest day
Sat- 12 miles
Sun- 6 miles

Total- 36

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home