Monday, July 16, 2007

Richmond Training - Week 1-
This was supposedly the first week of the 18 week program for Richmond. I say supposed because I don't have a program designed yet. I am working on it and looking at different alternatives but not exactly sure yet. This week- week 1- I just did the same thing I had been doing the last few weeks of 3 weekday runs of 6 miles each and weekend runs of 12 miles and 6 miles for a total of 36 miles. That seemed like a good starting point since I had actually not done a longish run on the last 2 weekends.

The weekday runs went well. As previously said, I pushed it pretty hard on Tuesday and the heat hit me but over all a good run.

Wednesday's run was a blast. I pulled up to the parking lot at the greenway and it rained for about 1 minute then stopped. I hopped out the truck and took off. About 1/4 mile in to the run I could hear what I thought was wind in the trees to my right.... when all of a sudden the down pour started. I got up under a group of thick trees but it was raining hard enough that I was soon very wet. It slacked off and I took off again. The sun popped out and the sauna affect started but only briefly because it started raining again... and rained for the full 6 mile run- very hard at times.

Thursday -The sun returned on Thursday. I brought my old shoes and ran the trails in the wooded portion of the greenway. There were a few areas of slipping and sliding but nothing too bad- just enough to make it fun.

Friday- scheduled rest day

Saturday- woke up to more rain and was very sleepy so I decided I would wait until mid morning to run, which turned out to be mid day, which turned out to be mid afternoon. So, after letting the cool part of the day escape, I head out at the hottest part of the day for my 12 miler. I got warm but as has been the case all summer so far, the heat didn't really affect me. I took a gel around mile 8 that pepped me back up a bit and I had a good last 4 miles to the run.

Sunday- It had been raining earlier in the morning but had stopped by the time I got home from church. I took off as soon as I could change after church to get the run in so I could get back home in time to go to our nephews b-day celebration. I got about 1/2 mile in to the run and it started raining again. It wasn't too hard of a rain and felt good in that it helped it stay cooler.

Looks like this next week may be a wet one for running- but then again this is a summer in Georgia and the weather is unpredictable minute to minute.

Summary:
Mon- No run
Tues- 6 miles
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- 6 miles
Fri- Rest day
Sat- 12 miles
Sun- 6 miles

Total- 36 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home