Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My last week before the official program takes off for Richmond. Although I consider the base building I have been doing as training for the race and the first 1/3 of my program will be a continuation of the base building. The program is still a work in progress so I am not sure how high my mileage will be after this portion. I have to be careful not to build up too fast and end up lacking the motivation to go out. I want to keep running fun!

I went for a massage Tuesday after work. My first massage in over 3 years. I wanted to get loosened up heading in to the program. I have another one scheduled for the 3rd week of training to work out any kinks that might arise in the first weeks of training.

This past week I did my normal schedule for the weekdays of 6 miles on Tues, Wed, and Thurs. The Peachtree road race was on Wed (the 4th of July). Glenn woke up just before the race started and watched it with me. Every since our race together he wants to go race now. He pointed at the leaders in the Peachtree road race and said he wanted to get his running stroller and go race with them. Ummm... ok. :)

I did take him in the stroller to the park for a 6 mile run around noon. It was a fun run- he chatted the whole time and told every one we passed hi and that he had his running stroller. I don't think he sees a stranger. After the run I sat on a park bench and stretched and he pushed his running stroller up and the path we were on. Then he would "race" back. We were walking back to the truck (about .25 mile away) and we saw two fawns that still had their spots on them so we watched them for a few minutes. Quality time!!!

I didn't get all of the miles in over the weekend that I wanted but that's ok. I got out to run mid afternoon on both days and it was hot and humid. Both runs were at a good pace. I got out for 7 miles on Saturday afternoon and 8 miles on Sunday afternoon.

Mon- No run
Tues- 6 miles
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- 6 miles
Fri- rest day
Sat- 7 miles
Sun- 8 miles

Total- 33 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home