Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I have two courses I run at the greenway. One is 2/3 dirst trails with mostly shade and the paved part is about half shade. The other is all pavementcement/boardwalk and almost exclusively in he sun. This is the one I have been running for the past couple of weeks although I enjoy the trail course much more.

I went out for my usual 6 mile run today and it was hot! I have started filling my water bottle and drinkng it in the mornings instead of going back for that 2nd (or 3rd) cup of coffee hoping that help keep me hydrated.

I pushed it pretty hard on my run today and it felt pretty good until the last mile or so and it was difficult to keep the pace. Got back to work and ate, then went straight to a meeting. About an hour in to the meeting I went to push my chair back from the table- bam- hamstring started to cramp. Dang! It never totally cramped and I was able to stretch it out sitting there and all was good.

I guess more hydration is needed, or at least hydrate with a gatorade in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home