Monday, August 04, 2008

After the memorial service for Vicki on Saturday Kathy and I loaded a saddle bag each on the motorcycle and took off for Blue Ridge, GA for the balance of the weekend. We hit some rain in the final 8 miles but made it fine. We had a nice relaxing evening there and then took a quick trip out to a water fall before eating at a restaurant on the river and then heading back home. Turned out to be right at 100 miles each way which is just about right for an over night trip on the bike.

I went out for a nice, hot (91*) 5K run today at lunch. I was pleased with the run and how it felt overall. I need to really get back on a program- training for Rocket City starts next week. My program has changed from what I was going to do. With almost NO running for the past 5 weeks or so I obviously need to do some base building before doing anything too strenuous.

4 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger Dane said...

I am extremely sorrowful to hear about your loss, Alan.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Rick said...

I am sorry to hear of the loss of Vicki as well, Alan. I'm glad you and Kathy were able to have a little get away. Have you had a bike long? It's very strange, in the last 3 - 4 weeks, I have been contemplating getting one myself. Just a smaller one, like a Honda Rebel style type bike. Even odder, Tammy wasn't absolutely opposed to it.

Anyway, sorry again for the loss of your boss. You've been on my mind. Take care...

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Thanks Dane and Rick.

Rick-
I pretty much grew up riding (as did Kathy) but mostly dirt bikes. We decided about 5 years ago to get a bike and have had one every since. I "upsized" about 3 years ago to the one I have now.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Rick said...

Very cool, Alan. I think I may just start keeping an eye out for a used bike on e-bay and such and, if I come across a really good deal, snatch it up. Start with something small though as I have 0 experience with bikes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home