Friday, July 11, 2008

Can the week get any worse?
On Wed. at 6:30 a.m. I receive a call from my boss (VP of Ops) that she is not feeling good and will stay at home today. She has been throwing up all night. The day goes by. Thursday morning rolls around and she does not show up for work, hasn't called me, hasn't called her boss (CEO). I have called her home and cell numerous times and left messages. Finally, me and the lead mechanic go to her apartment and get management and the police to go in and check on her. She is on the couch unconscious but breathing. The ambulance comes and take her to the hospital. We are there with her ederly father when we get the news. She has had a stroke and is in "very serious, no, very critical shape". "She is in a very, very deep coma. I repeat, a very deep, deep coma" are the words from the doctor. She had been bleeding very bad around her brain stem on the left side of the brain. The blood has gone in to the ventricals. The doctors have drilled a hole in inserted a tube to drain fluid in efforts to keep the pressure down, or at least lower. At this point, things do not look good at all. She is 46, walks a lot. She is very active in the 2 day and 3 day breast cancer walks and had just started training again for the 2 day walk. (Michele- this is the lady you met when we were running at Stone Mountain a couple of times last year).

Any prayers would be greatly appreciated.

3 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Zoomy said...

Oh, Alan...that is beyond tragic. She is so lucky that you guys were looking out for her, though. I'm very sorry to hear the prognosis. I hope she makes some miraculous recovery. So sad....

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Rick said...

Man, Alan, I am sorry that I haven't gotten around to reading your blog sooner now. I will definitely keep this, your theft, and your leg in prayer. Like k said, how heads up of you to go over and check on her. I just pray she can recover from this.

I'm very sorry about all the negative things that have gone on in the past week or so for you, Alan. Hang in there my friend!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Rick said...

Just checking in, I have been, and will continue to pray for you, Alan, and all the stuff going on in and around your life. Hope you're doing ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home