Wednesday, July 09, 2008

So I leave work tonday to get to church early as I am scheduled to work there tonight. It takes me 45 minutes to go 3 miles. Didn't know what the problem was but finally got up far enough to see that the road I am on is closed. I took a side road around and traffic is a crawl there too. My gym I work out is on this road and I make it close to there. There is no chance of me getting to the church before the services start so I call in to let them know I can't make it. I didn't run today so I get the idea to stop by the gym and run on the treadmill. I get there- go in, change and get a quick 3 miles in.
Finish up and get my stuff and head out to the truck to go home. I open the consile to get my cell phone out to call Kathy and let her know I am on the way home and...... my phone and my wallet are gone. I leave them in my truck because of locker break ins in the gym.... and now my truck is broken in to. I am geting really sick of this city- things like this are happening all of the time. I try not to get angry but it is really hard when junk like this happens. I am tired of selfish/inconsiderate people. By the time I got home, all of the credit card companies had called saying the cards were being used in various locations. I think I have finally cancelled all of the cards and have new cards coming but what a hassle!!! Unfortunately I had my social security card was in my wallet. What a pain all of this is!!!

2 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger Zoomy said...

Oh, Alan, I am so sorry, what a PITA. Years ago someone had stolen my CC# (probably someone who worked for an online vendor) and I got a call from a store saying that some guy in Eastern Europe was attempting to use my card--their red flags were up. So I called my CC company and they immediately shut it down and sent me a brand new card...but it freaked me out.

I hope everything is resolved fast for you. Did your truck suffer any damage?

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Alan said...

No- thank goodness they didn't bust a window- they must have used a slim jim or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home