Sunday, November 25, 2007

Week of Nov 12 - week 1 post marathon

I wasn't as sore as I thought I would be at first. I ran a very slow 3 miles at the green way during lunch on Tuesday. I was going ot run 2 but decided to go to the 1.5 mile turn around just in case I wanted to get a little more in. It was an absolutely gorgeous day and I thought I would probably want to get spend more time out there.

After running the slow 3 on Tuesday I had ot make myself take Wed. off. It was another beautiful day and I really wanted to get out for an easy run but knew I needed to take the day off.

I got out for 3.1 miles before work on Thursday. There was a cold front coming through and it was extremely windy. Still a pretty good run though.

Friday was a rest day.

Saturday- Got up and had a lazy morning with the family!! Got out for a 3.1 mile run mid morning.

Sunday- ran 8 miles. I felt great through the first 6 miles. The temps were dropping pretty quickly and my legs were pretty stiff for the last 2 miles- maybe a combination of running more this week than I normally do after a marathon, the falling temps, and the hill that was most of mile 7.

Summary:
Mon- 0 miles
Tues- 3 miles
Wed- rest day
Thurs- 3.1 miles
Fri- rest day
Sat- 3.1 miles
Sun- 8 miles

Total- 17.2 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home