Thursday, October 04, 2007

Been a couple of weeks since I have posted. The week before vacation was crazy at work trying to get ready to go, then gone for a week, then it has really been crazy since I have been back. And as if it couldn't have gotten any crazier, this week my boss and the planner that I work more closely with both turned in their 2 week notices. Talking about coming back from vacation to craziness. Wow.

Running wise.... the week we were going to Panama City Beach was a cut back week. I kept my weekly runs the same but was going to cut my long run back to 12-14 miles. I ended up missing 1 short run and cut my long run off at 10 miles. I did the long run in PC and it was hotter than I was used to. It was an "ok" run and I didn't mind cutting it off.

Last week I had planned to pick up the mileage but adding a Monday run. I only did 3 because I wanted to break in to 6 days a week running slowly and keep everything safe. I did all of my runs that week EXCEpt for my long run of 18 miles. The way the schedule was working while we were at the beach all of my running was done somewhere between 3:00 - 5:00 every afternoon and I wasn't about to try an 18 mile run in the middle of the afternoon in the blazing sun. So my thought was to do it Sunday morning before church but after getting back so late Saturday night I ended up sleeping in. (have I given enough excuses yet).

So- overall, my last 2 weeks were in the upper 20's mileage wise, not optimal, but won't kill me either. I had already decided to do Richmond at long run pace or a little faster but not at race pace so no harm done. I can still get two 20 milers in before Richmond so I will be fine.

It was pretty fun in Florida. We went down during this time because last week is when teh Thunder Beach motorcycle rally was going on. We had a good time with this. However, we didn't spend any time on the beach. Last year Glenn loved it and we there all the time. This year he hated it- I think we spent about 20 minutes total on the beach all week.

One day when I ran I ended up hooking up with a guy that was training for the Florida IM. Ran a bit with him but he was much faster than I was and I didn't want to hold him so off he went. Also saw some swimmers in there wet suits swimming along the coast line.. figured they were training to the IM also.

Last 2 weeks look like this:

Week of 09-17-07:
Mon- No run
Tues- 6 miles
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- 6 miles
Fri- No run
Sat- No run- drive to PCB
Sun- 10 miles

Total: 28 miles

Week of 09-24-07:
Mon- 3 miles
Tues- 6 miles
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- 6 miles
Fri- No run
Sat- 6 miles then drive back to Atl
Sun- no run

Total: 27 miles

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger btb1490 said...

Hey Alan, thanks for the update. Sounds like a great trip, sorry about the craziness when you got back though. I hope things settle down soon. Have a good run this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home