Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Richmond Training- week of 08-27-07:

Had a good week of running overall. The heat got to me a couple of days. It wasn't really that hot but the humidity zapped me. I didn't think it would be a problem but I guess by not running in the heat every day I wasn't used to it any more.

Monday was an off day from running but I went to the gym and did an upper body weight workout.
Tuesday- 6 mile run at the greenway. Run was ok but struggled a little with the heat.
Wednesday- 5 mile run. Supposed to be 6 miles but the run was getting worse and worse from the start. I struggled through 5 miles and called it quits.
Thursday- a little better run- 6 miles today.
Friday- off day
Saturday- 15 miles. What an awesome run!!! I had planned on 14 miles. I did 12 last week and was going to increase in 2 mile increments each week. However, when I got back to one entrance of my subdivision to turn for 14 miles I felt so good I decided to continue on to another entrance and make it 15. My right hamstring tightened up at about the 7 mile mark but never got bad and it was ok afterwards. I am not sure my toe is completely healed though. That area of my foot was pretty sore afterwards and my toe is pretty colorful again. Headed up to the lake afterwards for a fun filled weekend.
Sunday- 6 mile run on the Lake Hartwell dam. It was very windy so the 1.5 mile track out to the turn around point was tough but the run back wasn't too bad. Overall a good run.

Summary:
Monday- Upper body weights
Tuesday- 6 miles
Wednesday- 5 miles
Thursday- 6 miles (also biked 6 miles)
Friday- rest day
Saturday- 15 miles
Sunday- 6 miles

Total- 38 miles

2 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Dane said...

Keep it up. do your best to ignore the heat but know it will make you stronger if you train properly in it.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Alan said...

That is also my belief Dane. Thankfully I don't think it will take me long to get used to the heat again. And.... I will take the heat over the cold any day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home