Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Ricmond Marathon training week 4


I had planned to get back on schedule this week with mileage but had forgotten I was having an out patient surgery on my back to remove a cyst. I had it removed 5-6 years ago and it came back- alot larger than it was. The doc showed it to me after removing it- I could not believe the size of it.





No run on Monday.


Tuesday- had a nice 6 mile run before work. I may try to swith back to running before work instead of at lunch but I have really enjoyed that extra hour of sleep. I used to think sleep was over rated but have come to enjoy it over the last couple of years.





Wed- no run. I think it would be best to give the incission a day to start healing before running. I don't want to tear them out the first day they are in there.


Thurs- 6 mile run at the greenway. Today's run was a very slow but very smooth run.


Fri- No run


Sat- 6 miles at mid day. I should have gotten up ealry this morning and ran but didn't feel like so I ended up running in 92* temps. I had to stop at the 4 and 5 mile mark and rest for a minute. I am getting very discouraged with running right now. I feel like I have totally started over after not getting not many miles in the last 2 weeks and when I do run my toe hurts afterwards.


I have never had a broken bone before- do I totally take time off and let it heal or run through it? Most injuries I have had I have just run through.

Sunday- no run. Didn't feel like it - my motivation is gone. I need to make myself run through this and get back on track. I had a good base built up so I think if I can get my miles back up quickly I will be ok. What worries me right now is my lack of motivation and my pain in the foot after I run.

Summary:

Mon- No run

Tues- 6 miles

Wed- No run

Thurs- 6 miles

Fri- No run

Sat- 6 miles

Sun- No run

Total: 18 miles


1 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger 1L said...

Alan - Thought I would check in. Hope the toe is feeling better this week, and I hope the surgery went ok. Get back on the horse - so I don't have to kick you - ok?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home