Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Why did I have to ask "What's next?"

Yesterday when I ran my hamstrings were a little tight starting out but loosened fine as the run continued. This morning heading out my legs were good and loose but as the run continued the my hamstrings started tightening on me. I stopped at about the 3 mile mark and stretched for a second and continued on. My left hamstring was fine but my right one, the one I had so much trouble with before ING Georgia, really started hurting around mile 4. I slowed to a snails pace and finished my run but it didn't do any good- I was hurting pretty badly. Finished the run and walked for a bit trying to stretch it out and then did some light stretching.

Hopefully it's not the same thing going on last time but sure feels like it. I am scheduling massages through out this training period trying to keep the legs good for Richmond and my next one is scheduled for next week. I may try to move it up. I will see how it feels as the day progresses.

2 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alan,
Do you own a foam roller, or The Stick? Keep up the stretching and massages for the hamstring, and get yourself one of the things I mentioned above and work with them on a daily basis. Good luck!
-Bob K.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Hi Bob-
Thanks. Yes- I have both and started using them yesterday. After using the roller, then the stick, I did some light stretching and will continue with that routine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home