Monday, August 27, 2007

Week of 08-13-07:
Richmond Training - week ??

I was planning on getting back on schedule this week but it didn't happen. The week started out great running wise but tapered off. I thought I would try to switch back to early morning running so I can get back to the gym at lunch and it's not 100 degrees in the mornings like it is when I run at lunch.
I had a pretty good run Tuesday morning. My legs were pretty tight starting out but loosened up well.
Wednesday my legs felt gret starting out but as the run went on my hamstrings really tightened up. At the 3 mile mark I stopped and stretched a minute and my left hamstring loosened up but my right one didn't. As the run went on the right one got tighter and tighter. The last half mile was very painful.
Thursday- ran very slowly just trying to get the miles in. I didn't care about pace, I didn't care about anything but getting the run in and not hurting worse.
Friday- took my rest day.
Saturday I was pretty busy most of the day with work around the house and vehicles so I didn't get out until later in the afternoon. I ran a comfortable 5 miles and called it a day.
Sunday- Planned to get out for a 12 mile run right after church. I ended up doing some work around the house and thought I would go in the evening. Glenn and I were playing with different games he has. I got up to go one time and he said "I will go get us some cars to play with" so we played cares for a while and before I knew it, it had gotten late. So no run on Sunday but great family time.

Summary:
Mon- No run
Tues- 6 miles
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- 6.1 miles
Fri- no run
Sat- 5 miles
Sun- no run

Total- 23.1 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home