Monday, August 27, 2007

Week 0f 08-20-07:
Richmond training week ??

Mon- No run- in keeping with my idea of getting back to a normal week in mileage I want to make sure that I don't ramp up too fast- so even though I really wanted to run today I decided against it.
Tues- 6 miles before work. Overall a pretty good run. I had a massage Tuesday night after work. A lot of work on my legs again. When she hit the exact point where my hamstring has been hurting I could feel the huge knot in the muscle. She even commented on it. As she worked on it I could feel the knot releasing and beforelong was gone.
Wed- 6 mile run. Legs felt pretty good but left hamstring was sore from the massage. Right hamstring felt great.
Thurs- Rest day- Mine and Kathy's 10 year anniversary!!!!
Friday- Kathy and I went to Pigeon Forge, TN for the weekend for our anniversary. I got up early Friday morning to get a 12 mile run in before we went. Awesome run! Hopefully I am on the way back to some good training now.
Sat- 4.2 miles in Pigeon Forge. I found a nice 4.2 mile loop around the hotel that I ran. A couple of nice hills in them but I was really surprised by my splits.
Sun- Same 4.2 mile loop. Today's run was 4 seconds off from yesterday's run. Two days of pretty consistent splits and over all time on run.

Summary:
Mon- No run
Tues- 6 miles
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- No run
Fri- 12 miles
Sat- 4.2 miles
Sun- 4.2 miles

Total- 32.4 miles

2 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alan,
Happy anniversary! And good going with the 12 miler. You need to get a massage more often! Doing some foam rollering and stretching on your own would probably help a lot too. Keep the ball rolling!
-Bob

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger 1L said...

Happy Anniversary Alan! 10 yrs - wow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home